by Pastor Roy Esposito
- From the comic strip “Mutts” – “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”
- A present Word: “Without gratitude, there can be no optimism. Without optimism, there can be no hope. “Hope deferred makes the heart sick.” (Prov 13:12)
- Romans 10:17 – “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.”
- Hebrews 11:6 – Faith to please God – rewarded by seeking Him diligently
- Psalms 78: 1-4, 6-8,29,33
- ”His Salvation” – separates us from our lusts; sexual, misused gifts, corrupted feelings, and thoughts – SELF-ABSORBTION
- Blinded by lust – cannot see or hear God >>>> decline into confusion causing thoughts to become senseless.
- All because they chose to COMPLAIN and were not THANKFUL
- Complaining is the OPPOSITE of thankfulness!
- Francis Frangipane – “Every word spoken in a complaint as un-thankfulness is a spark lit by hell, sent to feed upon and consume our joy and destroy our HOPE.”
- H.W. Beecher – “A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never gets as much as he thinks he deserves.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18(NKJV & TPT) – “Rejoice – Pray – Give Thanks IN everything”
- “When God gives us less than we think we deserve, He’s not teaching us that poverty is a virtue, but that thankfulness for what He’s already supplied is the key that unlocks the full potential of His grace through which we can do ALL things.”
- Psalms 50:43(AMP)