“Discovery: Loved By God”
By Pastor Roy Esposito
Triple A’s of Prayer:
- Acknowledge my need
- Accept my need
- Ask for the grace for my need
- Romans 8:28
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
Hesychastic Prayer – Prayer of the Restful
- Proverbs 23:7
Self-Image – How we see ourselves
Self- Esteem – How we feel about what we see about ourselves.
“The reputation you have with yourself.”
- Matthew 6:25-34
The False Trinity:
Possessions, Power and Human Relationships
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Jeremiah 29:12-14
Four Primary Needs
- To be loved and to belong
- To have power over one’s thoughts and feelings. (Have a healthy self-esteem)
- To have playtime; have fun
5 Freedoms God Gives His Kids
- Freedom to see and hear what’s real.
- Freedom to say what you actually think instead of what others expect you to say.
- Freedom to feel what you feel instead of what you’re expected to feel.
- Freedom to ask for what you want instead of having to wait for permission
- Freedom to take risks on your own behalf instead of remaining safe and secure.