Skip to content
RCF, NY – Sunday Service – 20-Dec-20
Overcoming the Onslaught
The Sacrifice of Praise
- Psalms 22:3(KJV) “God inhabits the praises of His people, Israel”
- Praise – “Todah” – The “sacrifice of praise” – raising of hands; surrender
- Root – “Yadah” – to give THANKS
- Covenant – an agreement, oath, or pledge of loyalty
- Psalms 50:5 – “Gather My saints together to Me; those who have made a covenant with Me by SACRIFICE.”
- We vow to do His will; 1 Thessalonians 5:16
- Exodus 20:12 – Honor your parents – they are foundational to your IDENTITY
- To reject them and remain angry at them is to reject and be angry at yourself.
- Self-rejection – leads to sickness, dissolution, and death – physical, emotional, and spiritual
- If we allow ourselves to be preoccupied with COMPLAINTS instead of thanksgiving we will never be healed.
- A soul in breech and unhealed is vulnerable to be infected by EVIL
- Psalms 50:15 God’s part of the agreement: “Call on Me in the day of trouble, and I will DELIVER you”.
- Psalms 50:2
- He will shine to and through you in – “The perfection of beauty” – Truth – Transparency – Purity and holiness
- Deliverance from spiritual oppression – present and future.
- He will demonstrate, tangibly, His SALVATION – Physical, emotional, and spiritual healing of our souls.
- Psalms 22:3(NKJV) – he is enthroned in our praises.
- Enthroned – “Indicates that whenever God’s people exalt His name, He is ready to manifest His kingdom’s power in the way most appropriate to the situation.” –Jack Hayford
- Praise, in the form of Thanksgiving, prepares a specific and present place for God to dwell.
- Thanksgiving forms an entry point for His kingdom to “come” and His will to be done in your life.
- Alignment to God’s kingdom TRUTH – not manipulation.
- His, is the POWER – Ours is the privilege and responsibility to welcome Him into our private, present, and circumstantial world.