by Pastor Roy Esposito
- Romans 10:17 “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.”
- Hearing (Hebrew) – to hear the Word with a willingness and intent to obey it.
- Ephesians 6:17 – The Word – a “two-edged sword”…
- Established will of God – knowing the scriptures
- Communicated Word of God — what is God saying to me personally
- Obedience to BOTH aspects are essential to gain spiritual authority
- Spiritual Authority is God’s planned destiny for the Church
- Ephesians 3:9-10 – the hidden mystery of God to be revealed by the Church
- “Manifold Wisdom” – many dimensions; variegated, many-colored
The picture is of God’s wisdom having many-sided applications, varieties, and shades that are colorfully expressed.
- Church Authority – to DEMONSTRATE God’s wisdom in its many forms
- SALVATION is FREE – but every other gift, ministry, or execution of power must be EARNED through testing against God’s will.
- Hebrews 4:15(NKJ) – Jesus went through the same process and became our High Priest
- Matthew 4:1 – Led by the Spirit into the desert
- John 1:4, 1:14 – Jesus: The “Word” made flesh
- He is the bridge between the TRANSCENDENT and the MATERIAL universe
- His Temptation – whether the WORD had the depth of character to fulfill God’s purpose
- Luke 4:14 – The outcome; “Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit.” – the AUTHORITY of the Spirit through which He could do the supernatural works of His ministry
- Jesus’ response to the devil:
“It is written…” – The Established will of God; and
“It has been said…” – The Communicated will of God
- When the Word is proven through testing, it is endorsed by heaven and is able to accomplish, bring to maturity, and finish what was decreed.
- Proven dedication to the Word establishes Christ-like character without which NO AUTHORITY can be given.
- We are to give our lives to God as a “living praise,” as Lucifer was first created to do.
- Romans 12:1-2 – Living praise/sacrifices – have their NATURE transformed to Christ’s.
Christ’s authority and the Church’s purpose become ONE.
- 1 John 4:17 – “As He is, so are we in this world.”
- Ephesians 1:22-23, 1 Corinthians 15:27 – All things under Jesus’ feet
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 – We are Christ’s BODY
- Colossians 1:18 – Christ, The HEAD of the Church – the Body has FEET
- Psalm 133 Oil (anointing) runs down from the head over the body – an extension of authority
- 1 Chronicles 28:9 – David to Solomon: Serve God with a LOYAL HEART and a WILLING MIND
- The spiritual conflict we experience exists to test the SUBSTANCE, CHARACTER, and INTENT of our hearts.
- Loyalty to God and His TRUTH are weighed and developed through testing and are the assessor for the amount of authority and power released to us.
- Willingness to respond to God, the proper intention of heart and mind, and PATIENCE are the required prerequisites
- James 1:2-4(TPT & NKJ) – “Let patience have its PERFECT work, that you may be MATURE and complete, lacking nothing.”
- Perfect (Greek – Teleios) – consummate soundness – Denotes Maturity.